Great Park Ice offers off ice classes to help improve flexibility, strength, agility, balance, movement, and performance!
Each of the courses are designed to accelerate a skaters' on ice development.
Figure skaters are encouraged to enroll in off ice classes to complement on ice training as the sport places substantial strength and flexibility demands on a skater’s body.
The Great Park Ice off ice instructors are distinguished and esteemed professionals with years of experience and expertise and are sure to help progress a skater's on ice skills!
Spring 2023 Off Ice ClassesREGISTER HERE
All classes start the Week of March 13, unless otherwise stated. Classes will not meet March 30-April 1.
LATE REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN FOR ALL OFF-ICE CLASSES. Classes will automatically pro rate at checkout.
- 3:15-4:00 pm Hip Hop Grooves - Mariel Cornel
- 4:15-5:00 pm K-Pop Dance - Mariel Cornel
- 5:20-5:50 pm Off Ice Jumps* - Megan Wessenburg
- 5:50-6:35 pm Stretch for Skaters – Sabrina Eldredge
- 6:35-7:35 pm Yoga for Adults – Sabrina Eldredge
- 3:15-4:15 pm Ballet 1B - Galina Barinova
- 3:15-4:15 pm Ballet Fundamentals* - Noelle Snavely
- 4:15-5:15 pm Ballet 2 – Galina Barinova
- 4:15-5:15 pm Pilates* – Noelle Snavely
- 5:15-6:15 pm Ballet 1A - Galina Barinova
- 5:15-6:15 pm Stretch for Skaters* - Noelle Snavely
- 4:15-5:15 pm Stretch for Skaters - Mia Kuneshita-Dowzall (B, A, AP & HP)
- 5:15-5:45 pm Off Ice Axel & Double Jumps* - Nate Bartholomay (A & HP)
- 6:00-6:45 pm Combo Dance - Mariel Cornel (B, A, AP & HP)
- 6:45-7:45 pm Adult Hip-Hop & K-Pop Dance – Mariel Cornel (Adults & ages 15+)
- 3:15-4:15 pm Ballet 1A - Galina Barinova
- 4:15-5:15 pm Ballet 2 – Galina Barinova
- 4:45-5:30 pm Bodyworks* – Alina Milevska
- 5:15-6:15 pm Ballet 1B - Galina Barinova
- 6:30-7:30 pm Adult Ballet - Galina Barinova
- 3:30-4:30 pm Strength & Conditioning for Pre-Juvenile & Up* - Benoit Duboscq (A, HP)
- 3:45-4:30pm Stretch for Skaters - Matt Reiner (SS, B, AP, A & HP)
- 4:30-5:30 pm Jazz Dance Younger - Matt Reiner (Ages 4-8)
- 5:30-6:30 pm Adult Conditioning* - Benoit Duboscq (Adults & ages 15+)
- 8:20-8:40 am Off Ice Axel* - Jessica Calalang (AP & A)
- 9:30-10:30 am Ballet 1B - Noelle Snavely (7+)
- 10:00-10:30 am Off Ice Double Jumps* - Nate Bartholomay (A & HP)
- 10:30-11:30 am Dance Fundamentals - Noelle Snavely (Ages 4-7)
- 11:30-11:50 am Off Ice Single Jumps* - Nate Bartholomay (B, AP & A)
- 11:30 am-12:30 pm Modern/Contemporary - Noelle Snavely
- 3:00-4:00 pm Open Level Contemporary Jazz/Lyrical Dance - Matt Reiner (AP, A, & HP) – Ages 7+
- 4:00-5:00 pm Hip Hop Dance - Matt Reiner (B, AP, A, & HP) – Ages 7+
- 5:00-6:00 pm Adult Jazz Dance - Matt Reiner (Adults & ages 15+)
- 1 hour classes
- 10 weeks - $175
- 9 weeks - $157.50
- Drop in - $20
- 45 min classes
- 10 weeks - $150
- 9 weeks - $135
- Drop in - $17.50
- 30 min classes
- 10 weeks - $125
- 9 weeks - $112.50
- Drop in - $15
- 20 min classes
- 10 weeks - $100
- 9 weeks - $90
- Drop in $12.50
- Drops ins must be paid on site the day of class. All skaters must have a sticker to attend class.
- Note: Drop ins are NOT allowed for Ballet 2 or any classes that have a full roster
- Make up policy: Two make ups per class per session are allowed
- Please use make up request form below to apply for make up classes
Please wear ballet shoes or socks and have athletic shoes
All classes will be held inside the dance studio inside Rink 4 unless noted
For Ballet Classes, please start in Ballet 1 B. After passing Ballet 1 B, skaters will advance to Ballet 1 A and then Ballet 2
Bodyworks covers basic strength, conditioning, agility, and movement
Questions? Contact our Off Ice Lead, Matt Reiner at email@example.com.
Off-Ice Coaching Staff
Matthew Reiner hails from the small rural town Springfield, Minnesota, and attributes the early formations of his artist career to his time living there. While technically taking a year of dance when he was 5, Matt wouldn’t officially study the form until he was much older. Living in Minnesota, he studied and participated in both speech and the dramatic arts, while also becoming a varsity athlete in 3 sports. Upon graduation from high school, Matt relocated to California where he studied at the University of California Irvine. It is here that he discovered his passion for dance and began training at the age of 18. While at UCI he trained in many styles, including: Ballet, Modern, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Breakdancing. Matt graduated from UCI with a B.A. in both Film and Media Studies, and Criminology Law and Society in June of 2012. Afterwards, Matt became a scholarship student at the Jimmie Defore Dance Center, where he continued to train in both classical and street styles. He also began substitute teaching at Defore in 2014, and became a permanent faculty member in 2015 teaching Jazz. Matt joined Nannette Brodie Dance Theater in February of 2013. He has been a part of many tours, kid shows, and performances since joining. He also performed in both Camelia La Tejana and Hydrogen Jukebox in connection with the Long Beach opera. He also joined Inked Dance Company, under direction of Brian Moe, in 2014. And had danced in some smaller productions, including a large flash mob for Vans sneakers. Recently Matt filmed a small role in the Independent film “Waiting in the Wings The Musical: Still Waiting.”
20 years of working with figure skaters on and off the ice
The Moscow State Academy of Choreography aka The Bolshoi Ballet Academy Class of 1990
The Bolshoi Ballet / Grigorovich Company
The Bolshoi Ballet Main Company
Romeo and Juliette
The Sleeping Beauty
The Golden Age
Multiple tours throughout USA, Europe, Asia
Current and former students include:
Evan Lysacek, Mirai Nagasu, Timothy Goebel, Angela Nikodinov, Kimmie Meissner, Caroline Zhang, Richard Dornbush, Vincent Zhou, Karen Chen, Gracie Gold, Grant Hochstein, Tomoki Hiwatashi, Misha Ge (UZ), Denis Ten (KAZ), Takahiko Kozuka (Japan), Carolina Kostner (Italy)
I'm offering intensive ballet training for skaters to improve artistic presentation, music interpretation, posture, flexibility and strength using methods of Russian classical ballet education in combination with the best traditions of Russian figure skating school.
Please contact Galina directly regarding private and semi-private training: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Number of Years Teaching: 4
USFS Triple Gold Medalist (moves in the field, freestyle, pairs)
Team USA Member- Singles 2015-2020
U.S. Figure Skating Championships Top 6 Finish- Senior
U.S. Figure Skating Championships Bronze Medalist- Junior
ISU Senior and Junior Grand Prix Competitor
Coaching Specialty and Philosophy:
I enjoy working with skaters of all ages and skill levels. In my coaching, I strive not only to have my skaters improve in their technical abilities, but also to learn how to challenge themselves and overcome adversity. I believe that each skater’s on-ice experience contributes to overall personal development and the lessons that they learn from the sport can be applied to many different aspects of their lives.
USFS Triple Gold Medalist in Moves in the Field, Free Skating, and Partnered Pattern Dance
Pacific Coast Sectional Championships Competitor - Junior Ladies
Southwest Pacific Regional Championships Top 5 Finish - Junior Ladies
10+ years of Classical Ballet Training
Figure Skater in TSMxLenovo Stay Cool Commercial
Currently studying Psychology (B.S.) at University of California Irvine
Coaching Specialty / Philosophy:
I love working with skaters of all ages and levels, valuing every minute on the ice as an opportunity to improve. I adjust my teaching methods to the unique personality type and different learning style of each student, and I strive to be patient and understanding with all of my skaters. My goal is to encourage skaters to find the fun in skating, while technically challenging them every step of the way. I am also passionate about incorporating the importance of body awareness learned in classical ballet as they grow as a skater.
Number of Years Teaching: 18
Competitive / Skating Experience:
Five time Senior National Pair Medalist
World Championship Competitor
2014 Olympic Competitor
Current Team USA Member
Coaching Specialty / Philosophy:
He specializes in elite jump technique, pole harness, and freestyle for all ages and levels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please wear fitted skating or dance clothes and ballet, jazz or dance shoes for the ballet classes.
Please wear athletic clothing and shoes for the Techniques and Training classes.
For more information, contact:
Great Park Ice Figure Skating