If your skater is 9 years of age or younger and not quite landing an axel yet, skates 5-6 days per week/2 or more hours per day and has already participated in USFS endorsed competitions, then this is the camp for you! Please join us December 27-29 as we launch our latest camp experience in conjunction with the guidelines set up with the newly created USFS program "Quest for the Best" in which four rinks across the country, including Great Park Ice, have been given the opportunity to participate in creating aspiring champions.
Team Raf coaches, along with Rafael's current senior aspiring champions, are offering this new progressive camp to further advance skating skills, while at times training alongside the higher level Team Raf camp which will be running concurrently during the Quest for the Best camp. We expect offering a camp of this magnitude for lower level skaters will increase knowledge at the most important level regarding the importance of strong skating skills in order to progress to the next level of Team Raf Academy Camps in the future.
Private singles lessons are available at an additional fee with Team Raf coaches, along with additional Great Park Ice freestyle sessions not included in the camp. An approval for private lessons must be sent from your primary coach before any lessons are scheduled to firstname.lastname@example.org
7:00-7:30am Warm-up on ice edges
7:30-8:00am Jumps on ice
8:00-8:30am Spins on ice
8:40-9:20am Off-ice elements class
9:30-10:15am Rafael's group class on ice
10:45-11:45am Off-ice dance class
12:00pm Lunch on your own
3:00pm Option to return & to join the on-ice choreo with Team Raf high level camp
4:00-5:15pm Option to stay & join Team Raf high level camp off-ice training
- Appropriate off ice shoes
- Yoga mat
- Jump rope
- Water bottle and snacks
- $480 (Three Days)
We discourage any video or recording devices during the camp
- Private lessons with Team Raf coaches are available at additional fees. You will be scheduled based on your specific requests made upon registration. Be prepared to forward your primary coach's letter of approval to participate in any private lessons to email@example.com
- Additional GPI freestyle sessions not included in the camp are also available to be purchased.
- If skating additional GPI freestyle sessions, please be prepared to sign up for your extra sessions here
- GPI HP sessions are closed sessions and require approval before registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if requesting any extra HP sessions.
- GPI requests you sign the 2023 agreement prior to purchasing sessions - here
Registration opens at 10:00 a.m. on November 20, 2023REGISTER FOR CAMP HERE
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 20 SKATERS FOR THIS PILOT PROGRAM! Deadline to register - December 9. Late entries will be accepted if space is available with $75 late fee
Rafael Arutyunyan encourages your coaches to also attend the coaches clinic portion of camp, running concurrently December 27-29, 2023, to ensure your skater can continue with this progressive technique offered once back at your home facility. Coaches will receive 50% off their registration fees if bringing two or more skaters.
Coaches can find more information and register here.