The California Spring Select League is designed to keep travel hockey players in game shape during the off-season. Select League is open to whole teams and unattached players who are ready to make the next step toward joining a travel hockey team. All players must register in their USA Hockey 2022-23 Season Age Classifications. No playing down a division is allowed. Participants may only be on one roster in the Select League and cannot play in more than one division (With the exception of High School teams and Jr High).
- Allows your club to gain exposure to new players and teams
- Allows new potential coaches the ability to form teams
- Upcoming players gain needed experience at a higher level
- Allows 8U moving up to 10U to play full-ice
- 12U players moving up to 14U are exposed to checking
- Players get to play with their friends and have fun in the off-season
- Registration Deadline: March 17th
- League dates: Late March through early June
- Team Payment Fee: 8U - $3,200 (Max 12 skaters excluding goalies) paid in full. 10U and up - $4,400 (Max 15 skaters excluding goalies) paid in full.
- Team contact to set up this option
- Invited players need to register in Dash to be added to the roster
- Individual Player League Fee: $320 paid in full. (Requires minimum 13 & a goalie roster; 8U requires 10 skaters).
- If your team is paying as individuals, you must be invited to to the team and register in Dash to be added to the roster
- I need a team, don't have a home yet? - A/AA individuals can use this option to be evaluated for a team. We will do our best to find you a team. This is not a guarantee that you will be placed on a team.
- All players/goalies must register online.
- 10 Games & one pre-season shared practice if full team is registered by deadline.
- Orange County Division: All games will be held at Great Park Ice & FivePoint Arena & The Rinks ICE locations
- San Diego Division: All games will be held at The Rinks - Poway ICE and other San Diego partner facilities
- San Diego division is subject to having enough teams to field divisions
- Coaches must be USA Hockey certified for the division they are coaching
- Jerseys are not included in the league fees. Teams are required to have a matching jersey for each player on the team. No sharing jerseys or numbers. Jersey packages are available for purchase at Ultimate Skate & Hockey Pro Shop.
- To purchase team jerseys contact Sandy Steindler at 949.306.2628 or email@example.com
- Coaches’ fees: Coach fees are not included in the league fee. Your coaches may require additional fees.
USA Hockey Membership – required for ALL participants
Visit membership.usahockey.com for more information
Deadline to register *EXTENDED* - March 17, 2022
*Teams may play on a non-scheduled day to complete the season in a timely mannerI Need a Team - Free Agents
Modified Ice - Saturdays, Sundays
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Saturdays
Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays
Tuesdays & Sundays
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Who can play JV-D:
- All beginners 8th- 12th grade
- Rec league/In-House players
- All travel “B” players
- Travel “A” players who will be in 8th grade (2022-2023)
- NO travel “AA” or “AAA” players
- NO Select League JV or Varsity players
Midget & High School divisions may be combined as needed to ensure competitive play**
The Rinks and Great Park Ice reserve the right to adjust program formats as needed to meet any Covid-19 state or county safety guidelines, rules, or laws to ensure the best and safest environment for our guests, families, and staff.
For more information, contact:
Great Park Hockey Manager – Brett Kurtz
The Rinks Hockey Director – Rick Hutchinson