Learn to Skate at Great Park Ice!
Great Park Ice offers a variety of group skating lessons for all ages and abilities through our Learn to Skate program! Information on our upcoming sessions and the classes we offer can be found below.
Not sure where to start? Not a problem! Select "Where Should I Begin" below or follow the link to view our full list of class offerings.
Session 2: Starts Mar 12th -16th & Ends Apr 30th – May 4th
- Late Registrations Still Accepted Through Week 2 (March 18th-23rd) Online registration will automatically pro-rate
- Tot Class Schedule
- Basic Class Schedule
- Hockey Class Schedule
- Adult Class Schedule
- NEW! OFF ICE CLASSES:
- Tues & Wed Classes - 8 week session - $150
- Thurs, Fri, & Sat Classes - 7 week session - $131.25 (No Classes April 4th - 6th)
Learn to Skate Frequently Asked Questions
Great Park Ice has group classes for all ages and abilities. Even if you have never skated previously, there is an entry level class just perfect for you:
- Tot (Snowplow Sam 1)
- Parent & Me
- Youth Basic 1
- Youth Hockey 1
- Teen Basic 1
Ages 18 & up
- Adult Beginner (Adult 1)
Group classes are the fastest and safest way to learn and enjoy any sport or recreational activity. Skating classes at Great Park ICE include the following benefits:
- Entertaining and fun!
- Great source of exercise
- Meet new friends
- Build self-confidence and sportsmanship
- Participate in group performances
A learn to skate session include the following:
- One half-hour lesson per week
- Public Session admission on the day of your class
- Skate rental on the day of your class
- Five additional Public Session passes (passes expire on the last day of the session)
- Mid Series Practice Guide
- Progress Report on the second to last class
- Certificate of Completion on the last class
- Each skater is entitled to one (1) make-up class per 8-week series. The make-up class must take place during the same 8-week series in which the class was missed. Make ups must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance by emailing our Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. The make-up class sticker must be visibly worn to the make-up class so the instructor knows this process has been followed and the class has been redeemed in our computer system. Please review our calendar and schedule to see when your class is offered on a different day or time.
- Early Registration - $10 off by early registration deadline
For more information, contact:
Great Park Ice Program Office
Skating Manager - Michelle Lauerman